AWARDS / FEATURES
- Created the World's First Music Video for the Deaf
- First Prize : National Anthem Song Contest hosted by Mongrel Media
- Olympic Torchbearer Nominee : Beijing Summer Games
- Porteous wrote and recorded music for the feature film “Boy Meet Girl” by director Eric Schaeffer, a film which has won over 30 film festival awards.
- Album produced for Canadian band Gruve nominated for
"Rock Recording Of The Year" at the Hamilton Music Awards
- Runner-Up : The Framework Remix Contest
- War Music featured on CBC, BBC ”Top Film Pick Of The Day" BlogTO
- Honourable Mention : Billboard Song Contest
- New World Thinker : by Lenovo Computers 2007
- NOW Magazine Critic's Pick for NXNE Music Festival
- Maryon Drysdale Award in Toronto for Best Song
“…rather remarkable for a one-man production...
IndyCar teams take note."
"...a talented singer/songwriter and documentary filmmaker."
Janice Forsyth, BBC
"David Porteous has released another great CD."
Tegan and Sara
"...you’ll appreciate the pilot episode of The Sicks."
"It's so compelling and intriguing...it takes the musical experience
to a whole other level."
Asha Tomlinson, Host of CBC New
- Organized fundraiser and raised $10 000 for accessibility focused charity
StopGap Foundation in partnership with IndyCar’s The Road To Indy,
FatBoy Racing and technology company Surgere
- Organized east coast music tour featuring 25+ musicians and raised
$3600 for Canadian Women’s Foundation
- As a big Radiohead fan, Porteous organized fundraisers to raise money to purchase and donate an electronic drum kit to Fort York Library in memory of Radiohead drum tech Scott Johnson. Philip Selway of Radiohead loved the idea and did the same manchester library live on the BBC alongside Guy Garvey of Elbow.
- Organized charity concerts and fundraisers to raise money for charities including veteran charity Poppy Scotland, Sick Kids Hospital, Sistering, David Suzuki Foundation, Canadian Cancer Society, Daily Bread Food Bank and many more.